PDA

View Full Version : Want to make my own Arrow stopper,.(target)

Wolvie
12-19-2004, 09:26 AM
With the prices of 3-D targets and foanm targets,....I was wondering if anyone knew a cheap but effective way to build a archery target?

Anyone with ideas?

Later All
SAFE HUNTIN~

carl
12-19-2004, 11:19 AM
Hey Wolfie check this out.It's a link to ebay showing a cheap stop.A couple guys at work have these.They are filled with scrap peices of leather.You can call the phone # in the description and order one without going thru ebay or make your own if you have access to leather scrapes etc.This company selling these also sell leather bags for bench shooting and rifle rests.Pretty nice guys to deal with.If you call to check them out tell them someone on Hunt Chat refered you.Maybe we could get them as sponsors for this messageboard.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1291&item=7121083679&rd=1

Wolvie
12-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Thanks Carl,.....

Oh by the way,... not being mean or anything but it is Wolvie,.lol !!

I`ll take a look at the site.

Again Thanks Bro.

Later All
SAFE HUNTIN~

carl
12-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Sorry about the misspelling.Between the bifocals and senior moments this kinda thing happens. :)

VinVega
12-19-2004, 06:02 PM
I just use bails of straw...
Works perfectly fine for me!

skeeter@ccia.com
12-24-2004, 11:11 PM
I built an archery target at one of the local sportsmans clubs here of which I am a club officer. The hay becomes a problem because it gets wet or bales broken. What I did is took one of those plastic feed sacks horse grain comes in and stuffed it with as much plastic ( such as the kind you cover windows in the winter) or what I used is a roll of large plastic bags...big enough to cover a round bale of hay....seperate each bag..crumple it up and stuff every corner tight inside the grain sack....stitch the top closed...hang ...great target....and it even stops my 200lb crossbow and you can pull the arrows with 2 fingers...cheap make...I don't think I would use broadheads in it though....another problem at the club...someone just has to try it out...

Enjoy....happy holidays to all.....

Blktail
12-27-2004, 11:41 PM
Plastic bags from the grocery store or pallet wrapping plastic stuffed in a sack or a cage made of chicken wire works great. Even an arrow shot from a 300'/sec bow can be pulled out with two fingers. Grocery stores recycle bags by the billions.
The only problem with targets made of this stuff is the arrows may fall out or dangle at an angle leaving them open to damage by other arrows.
These targets are great for 3D shoots.