Hunt Chat  

Go Back   Hunt Chat > Archives > Archived Posts

Old 09-18-2003, 02:14 PM

what's up with Shooting Sports?

Can any of you folks from MO tell me what's up with Shooting Sports in Warrenton, MO?

Last fall I took a nice week-end trip there to shoot for 2 days, then made a swing up to Graf's in Mexico, MO to pick up my components for the year. I was going to do the same this fall, but I see no shoot dates listed on the ATA site, and I have received no response to my email to the contact address.

Does anybody know what's up?
Old 09-18-2003, 03:00 PM
loud pipes save lives

Tal

I'm in Owensville, about 50 miles or so south of Warrenton. I have not heard anything about the place being closed or anything. I have talked with Jim Price a couple of times in the past and he has helped me troubleshoot problems that I have had with our Pat trap machine. He has mentioned in the past that the county is really making it hard on him to make a go of it by placing some heavy restrictions on when he can have shooting going on. I guess it is starting to get populated more heavy where he is at and the neighbors are complaining about the noise so the county government is leaning on him. That is a real shame because he is a very nice fella who is very knowledgeable and is willing to help out others when he can. And it is tougher and tougher to find places to get out and shoot these days as well.

If your into sporting clays we are having our annual Dirty Bird Open on Sunday Oct. 5th it is a 100 bird tournament and we will be shooting on the Possum Hollow course here at the Owensville Gun Club. I know that's quite a drive for you but if you can make it the course is worth it.

Later
Billy